Goodbye Packaged Pudding! ( + Avocado Chocolate Pudding Recipe...oooooh)

 We do not crave for sweet things at home. Since we are used to that, my son who is almost 4 is never peeking into jars and cabinets for chocolate.He is someone who spits candy out after tasting it . At least for now.

 But we do make it a point to tell him why too much sugary stuff is not a healthy option. The first thing that he will look at are the "nutrition facts" of anything edible.Last evening we were grocery shopping and he pointed to a big shelf of cakes covered in cream and said "Those are unhealthy"!. Hmmm..maybe I am doing something right after all!

So I am so thrilled when I find healthy and delicious ideas!
A few days ago, I had the urge to try something new. The only criteria being - HEALTHY and SWEET. The urge was so strong that I left hubby and sonny help themselves to breakfast. I turned to my best friend, Google and typed away for a recipe. Google never says no or can it? I found this recipe and when I tasted it with my eyes, I just knew I couldn't wait long. And honestly, it takes a few minutes to satisfy your taste buds.

 But I did not have all the ingredients, so I decided to go ahead and try it anyway with what I  had.

This is not a great picture, but definitely the best pudding I have indulged in without feeling guilty. You'll never know it has avocados in it.My son liked it less sweeter but hubby and I relished it spoon after spoon!

 Goodbye packaged pudding!  

Say hello to a healthy, choco-licious snack which will leave kids asking for more and adults wondering what magic ingredients you put in it! You can make it a 100% natural desert by using organic cocoa and pure vanilla extract.

Serves 2-3, in small sized bowls.

Ripe Avocados - 2 nos
Maple Syrup - 2-3 tbsps
Cocoa Powder - 5-6 tbsps
Vanilla extract - 2-3 drops
Milk - 2-3 tbsps

Blend all ingredients together in a food processor. You will see the smoothness  emerging and the glossy finish in the pudding. That's a sign that you have it at the right consistency.

I needed more sweetness so I added more maple syrup until it was sweet enough for me.I do not know how it will hold up if it has to be chilled. Maybe chilling it for a few minutes will add to the punch.But this has to be served as soon as possible because you know what happens to avocados if you leave them out.

 Click here for a printable recipe.

Do let me know how you liked it if you get around to whipping this up!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment