A Tyndale Review : My First Hands-On Bible

  • My First Hands-On Bible is the preschooler version of the popular Hands-On Bible, which has sold over a half million copies. Jesus taught with hands-on lessons and illustrations; My First Hands-On Bible uses the same experience-based learning to communicate God’s Word in an active, understandable way. 
  • My First Hands-On Bible is a fun and simple yet meaningful way to engage preschool, pre-K, and K children (ages 3-6) with the Bible while helping them build a solid faith foundation. 
  • Each lesson focuses on a specific Bible point through a variety of activities in order to reinforce and help young children remember the stories and lessons. Using common household items, you can help your children have a “hands-on” learning experience while engaging them in 85 key stories from the Bible.  
  •  My First Hands-On Bible doesn’t just retell the Bible stories; it also includes actual Scripture from the easy-to-understand and easy-to-read Holy Bible, New Living Translation. In addition to the stories and activities, there are fun illustrations, prayers, and a special Jesus Connection feature.
We have been using this Bible for several months now and I will say that it is one of THE best. While reading, it is beneficial if we use creative connections to the passage that is being read. It definitely helps children see the passage from different perspectives. But there are days when I am tired and my creativity runs dry after a long day. I feel guilty of just reading the book to my son for the sake of it. 

But when we use this Bible, I do not have to wear a thinking hat on what to say to connect the scripture to reality. It is because there are little suggestions on every page on what we can do. For eg. when we read Jonah's story, the suggestion says " act like you are on a rocking ship". So I just sit and act like I am on a ship on stormy seas. And my son looks in awe of the dramatic enactment that mommy just did! It definitely adds life and animation to our reading time. This is the best thing I like about the Bible, as a parent.

My little boy loves Cuddles the sheep who can be found at the end of each read. Pockets the kangaroo says a little, simple prayer that is related to the chapter that was read. 

This Bible helps preschoolers learn about Bible stories in a lively and interactive way. There is not a dull moment, when you pull out this Bible for reading time! 

You can buy this My First Hands-On Bible from Amazon.com for $11.55

Disclosure: I received a sample for review purpose only. No monetary compensation was received. The above post reflects my personal opinion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment