Review: Chex Cereal - Love at first bite!

Doesn't that look simply delissssssh? It does taste super-delicious too and is full of the goodness that every one will fall in LOVE with at the first bite. 

I had the wonderful opportunity to review Chex gluten free cereal in two nutritious and delicious flavors - Rice Chex and Honey-Nut Chex. I am cereal lover and can eat cereal anytime of the day. So, I enjoyed a bowl of Chex flavours right away when they arrived. Hmmm.. I thought they would taste different because of the "gluten free" factor, given I have NEVER tried anything gluten free.But, it only tasted much healthier and tastier than I expected. 

I should mention that the Honey Nut Chex has a very healthy dose of sweetness unlike the other sugar loaded cereals. Hubby felt it was still too sweet for my 3 yr old. It was crispy and tasted great with milk. It is made with Corn meal.

Rice Chex is plain cereal, made with whole grain rice. It was nice to have Rice Chex, sort of like a neutralizer in between having some sweet cereal. It is crispy and also tastes great with milk. I think this cereal can also be used to coat chicken and other meat, while baking or frying them.

Until one of my family members was diagnosed with Celiac's disease, I did not bother to check about gluten free foods and how it can help with Celiac's disease and to some with Irritable bowel Syndrome. I will definitely be recommending this cereal to my friends and family who think they have to exclude tasty cereal choices because of the presence of gluten in such foods.

Look for Chex Gluten Free cereal  in the cereal aisle of your local grocery store! Launching on June 17th you’ll be able to check out everyday recipes at www.chexcanada.com

Disclosure: I am participating in the Chex Gluten Free program by Mom Central Canada on behalf of General Mills.  I received a Chex gift pack and a gift card as a thank you for my participation.  The opinions on this blog are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment