Roses Galore !


These beauties are from a park near my house. I have walked by them countless times and did not stop even once to say hello to them. I had a whole day in hand and my son and I spent many hours at the park. 

While he was playing, I chatted with other moms.
I felt the green grass with my hands and thought how soft they felt.
I poured sand through my fingers and smiled at the ease with which it flowed when I just let them go. It didn't feel good when I held them tight in my hands.
I ran a race with my son's friend who reminded me that my body had slowed down with age but my heart hadn't.
 I stopped to smell the roses and it reminded me of how much my mom loved roses.

So many reflections and memories, only because I stopped for a few moments.  






 

0 comments:

Post a Comment