Uncle Milton's Toy - The Earth in my Room

My son has been attracted to maps since a very early age. We have maps on the wall, world map puzzles and he thoroughly enjoys learning and knowing more about them. The world is his to discover!

I was excited to review this toy from Uncle Milton.The Earth in my Room.



Features

  • Authentically detailed Earthscape
  • Automatic or manual function with remote control
  • Auto shut-off to preserve battery life
  • Easily hangs on wall
  • Requires 4 AA batteries and 2AAA (Not included)
  • Ages 6 and up
  • Adult assistance recommended


In reality, it is more of a lamp than a toy. It kindles curiosity on how it lights up and in older children, it may an opportunity to talk about sun rise and sun sets in different parts of the world. But there is nothing much to interact with. 


It has a remote with which you can switch to different modes of lighting. We found the lighting to be too dim . That rim of light around the earth is not realistic even in a dark room.



It is a flat structure and not like a globe in 3D. Maybe it will be more interesting to see a real globe light up from east to west. It would help understand the concepts better and I think it will be more clear with names of countries.It can be hung on the wall or supported on a strong base.

I wouldn't say that I am entirely satisfied with the learning that this product offers.It can be improved to be a better learning tool for kids.




Disclosure: I received a sample for review purpose only. No monetary compensation was received. The above post reflects my personal opinion.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment