Back to School 2012 :SCRABBLE - A Hasbro Review

With school season just around the corner, it is time to think of ways to make learning fun. I have a preschooler who has to have a little bit more of organized and focused learning time. We do some workbooks and other educational activities but there are days when things don't go as planned!

Time to pull out some tricks through my sleeves ! 

We have been playing board games and it was initially hard to get my son to concentrate. But with consistency and continued exposure, he loves board games now. 

SCRABBLE is meant for 8+ yrs but you can always build small words.It is a wonderful way to introduce new words, stimulate thinking and is a great exercise for the brain. There are several ways to play this game but we are starting of with the basic style.
I encourage my son to "use words" whenever he whines or throws a tantrum. It has really helped him verbalize his feelings and express himself more clearly. So building words is a lot of effort for him, nevertheless introducing good games at an early age is important to foster a love for the game. We have been doing 2 and 3 letter words so far. 

As a child I grew up playing this game and enjoyed it thoroughly. It is a classic board game that many generations have never gotten bored of. 

You can buy this from Toys R Us for $19.99

Disclosure: I received a sample for review purpose only. No monetary compensation was received. The above post reflects my personal opinion.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment