Here's the latest scoop from Kellogg's!
Savory and crunchy.
With just 80 calories for 18 chips, Kellogg's has launched its latest Special K Cracker Chips in 3 delectable flavors - Original, Cheddar and Sour Cream & Onions.
Here are few reasons why I seem to devour them:
- Doesn't taste like they are deep fried. Oil fried chips...no thanks.But these are cracker chips! Tastes like a cracker and baked chips, two in one.
- Just the right size for even children to hold and enjoy.
- Perfect thickness to call it "cracker chips".
- I was relieved to see that the % of sodium was not in double digits. Good job Kellogg's!
- Only 80 calories for 18 chips, trans-fat free, no artificial colors or flavors. Just the goodness of potato and rice blend in crunchy form.
I would consider these cracker chips to be a healthier option compared to many other chips that I have seen in the grocery store. Kellogg's did very well in creating this cracker chips with a close attention to the nutrition facts. You deserve a pat on the back Kellogg's!
I offered it to my friend who had come over to my house. While she loved the idea behind it and the fact that it doesn't look or taste like a deep fried snack, she mentioned that the additive - "disodium inosinate" may not suit her. She is allergic to MSG and did not want to take a chance.The ingredient label does not mention the presence of MSG but according to her, any food with disodium inosinate will contain minute amounts of MSG.This is not a proven fact as different websites say different things and I am no scientist to figure this out!
But I am not allergic to MSG and the Kellogg's Special K Cracker Chips is a comparatively healthier option for me and my family. We avoid oily, deep fried food at all costs.
I really liked the sour cream and onion favor just by itself,. The original flavor was a great combo with spicy dishes and it sort of offset the spiciness with its bland but crunchy texture. The Cheddar was ok but we seem to favor the other 2 flavors over cheddar.
You can find Special K Cracker Chips in your grocery store.
Kellogg's is offering a chance for one lucky Canadian reader to win a prize pack with all 3 flavors of Special K Cracker Chips.