Back to School 2012 : Prepare for Preschool / Kindergarten with Play-Doh!


Play-Doh has been my favorite for a long time now...guess why? Because it keeps my son occupied for a long time ! Oh, the things you can create with Play-Doh....squeezes those creative juices out of a little brain as soon as the dough comes in contact with their fingers.

A new shape EACH time and other possibilities are only endless.

We have taken preschool preparation seriously and I make every effort to devote time to work with son to make it as interesting as possible. I want him to feel comfortable in Kindergarten, so we do a little work each day for a strong foundation starting with preschool.

I was thrilled to know about this particular product from Play-Doh which is not just for creating but also has an educational touch to it.


Here's what the package includes:
  • 4 medium sized tubs with play-doh
  • Number stamps
  • Shapes
  • Scissors
  • A Tube
Though my son can identify all the alphabets, I knew we could do more with this package.So I laid out the first and only rule: Put the dough right back in the tub when you are done. It is no fun for him to clean up after playing! He agreed to follow the rule and I recognized his effort each time. Both of us were happy, in our own ways!

Then the fun began as I showed him how he can stamp numbers. 


We learned to identify some two digit numbers to start with and then he went on to create some fun shapes.







He loved to mix the colors and play with them. I think this will be a great way to introduce children to numbers. Play-Doh also has some alphabet stamps. I will be getting them soon as my son seems to like it very much and we can "stamp" some words for a change instead of writing them.

Preparing for kindergarten or preschool can be fun and affordable with Play-Doh.

How do you prepare your toddler for preschool or kindergarten? Got any interesting ideas?

Disclosure: I received a sample for review purpose only. No monetary compensation was received. The above post reflects my personal opinion.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment