Review: Biscoff Spread - The "no nuts" spread!

Lotus Biscoff Spread is a tasty, all-natural alternative to peanut butter and contains no nuts.

Made with 57% Biscoff cookies, Biscoff Spread tastes like the caramelized crisp cookie but with a smooth, creamy texture.


• Like Biscoff cookies, Biscoff Spread is made with all-natural ingredients and contains no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Each serving is free of trans fats.


• As a spread, the unique caramelized flavor of Biscoff cookies can be enjoyed any time of day -- morning, noon and night (try it on a bagel or waffles, with fruit or as a topping for your favorite dessert).


• At 88 calories per serving (one tablespoon), Biscoff Spread is a great way to add a creamy, caramelized sophistication to your favorite meals and snacks.


• Biscoff Spread is available in 14 ounce (400 gram) jars.

I have never liked a spread more than I liked Biscoff Spread! It has the most delicious flavor, smooth texture and just the right amount of sweetness. I am one of the odd people who hates anything to do with peanuts. So I go nowhere near a jar of peanut butter. But Biscoff Spread has captured all my senses! 

I took a spoonful of it and savored it and once it is swallowed, I can't feel the taste in my tongue.So I need another spoonful to experience that taste and that's the story of how the jar was emptied.

I liked it best with apples.The crunchy texture of apples and the smooth texture of Biscoff Spread combined with its cookie flavored taste was a big hit with my 3 yr old. He developed a liking for apple after ignoring apples for a long time. We also tried it with toast and the spread sort of melts on the toast. It is a great way to serve whole wheat bread.

Also it is free from nuts and can be packed in children's lunchboxes without any hestitation.

Now the most interesting question, where can it be purchased?

Biscoff Spread will be available at larger retailers across the U.S. in Spring 2011 and can already be purchased at the Biscoff Coffee Corner at PIER 39 in San Francisco and at www.biscoff.com.

I am not sure if I can find it anywhere in Canada yet but any suggestions on that would be highly appreciated. I did find it at Amazon.com but I am afraid shipping will cost me more than the spread itself.If you are going to the US, you can bring back a few jars with you!

Great spread with an addictive taste!

(Disclaimer: Thanks to Lotus Bakeries and the PR firm  for sending me the featured products for review purpose. I was not monetarily compensated for this review. All opinions expressed here are only my own.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment