In His Image Devotional Bible NLT - Review


I have been using the NLT translation Bible to understand scripture more clearly. KJV will always be my favorite but I have come to like NLT for many references. I think it will be great for someone who has just started reading the Bible for the first time.

"The New Living Translation is an authoritative Bible translation, rendered faithfully into today’s English from the ancient texts by 90 leading Bible scholars. The NLT’s scholarship and clarity breathe life into even the most difficult-to-understand Bible passages—but even more powerful are stories of how people’s lives are changing as the words speak directly to their hearts."

The following features are a part of this Bible:
  • 270 Prayerful Readings
  • Response to God articles
  • God's Names and Titles
  • Knowing God articles
  • Book Introductions
  • Reading guides and indexes
I read through a few of the pages in the features and really liked the features. Any Bible can come with many features, but it won't be useful unless you use them in correspondence with your daily devotions or studies.God can minister to anyone through His word and the extra features help us gain more understanding of the scriptures.It will lead to a deeper and richer relationship with God and that's what this Devotional Bible is about - "Be changed from the inside out as you encounter God through directed, prayerful Scripture readings focused on His attributes"

If you know a friend who is beginning to know about the Lord, you can recommend or gift this Bible to them, knowing that the features of this Bible will be of great help and interest.

Buy it from Amazon for $16.55.

( (Disclaimer: I was provided a review copy from the Tyndale Blog Network.I was not monetarily compensated for this review. Please note that the review was not influenced by the Sponsor in any way.All opinions expressed here are only my own.)

1 comments:

Create With Joy said...

Thanks for sharing your review of this bible! I work with many translations in both my study and my devotional time, and I enjoy using the NLT from time to time both for personal devotions and for translating difficult passages into plain English. The extra features for the price make this a great buy. It sounds like a great bible to check out!

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

Post a Comment